Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy, Cold Laser Therapy Alternating Terms and Applications, PLUS Therapeutic Uses and Medical Uses
Terms that are interchangeably used to Describe Cold Laser Therapy Include:
Low Level Laser, Soft Laser, Healing Laser, Therapeutic Laser, PhotoBioModulating Laser or PBM for short, Biostimulating Laser, Personal Portable Laser, Professional Laser, Scalar Laser, Therapy Laser, Cold Laser Therapy Laser, Class 4 laser, Class IV laser therapy and more.
Who Uses Cold Lasers?
Doctors, Dentists, Veterinarians, Wholistic Practitioners, Chiropractors, Naturopathic Doctors, Osteopaths, Physical Therapists, Acupuncturists, Massage Therapists, Pet Owners, Parents, Athletes, Elderly, Dancers & Yogi’s. Just About Everyone Uses Cold Lasers.
Why Use Cold Laser Therapy Equipment?
It produces significant therapeutic results and benefits not found with other common treatment modalities such as ultrasound, electric stimulation, massage and manual manipulation. Cold lasers work to treat the widest range of symptoms and conditions, ease pain, accelerate healing, reduce inflammation, relieve stress, relax muscles, soothe nerves, energizes cells, rejuvenates the body from the inside out on a cellular level, including organs, glands, circulation, blood, lymph, tissues, skin, bones, joints and spine.
Learn about the use of lasers and medicine, lasers and dentistry, plus vet, pet and equine lasers.
Cold Lasers are now used routinely for athletes before and after competition to enhance performance, plus it’s especially good for injuries, dramatically increasing the speed of recovery. The results and increased performance are outstanding, providing a natural competitive edge. Factory workers and office executives alike are receiving treatment for repetitive use injuries. Results are exceptional for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or CTS, Golfer’s Elbow, knee & shoulder injuries. Repetitive motion injuries and soft tissue injuries are all responding favorable to Cold Laser Therapy.
Folks at home are some of the biggest consumers of Cold Laser Supplies and Products. Why? It’s a natural, painless method to treat the whole family. You can safely use these gentle, portable, therapeutic lasers at home, at work, on the kids, on the pets, while traveling and in emergencies, or just when the moment strikes. Everyone can benefit from the wide array of uses. No home should be without a therapeutic Cold Laser. Personal Portable Cold Lasers come in many models and price ranges with a wide range of prices. Typically, you get what you pay for when it comes to buying a cold laser for home or pro use.
How do you choose where to buy a cold or hot laser?
For over 20 Years, we have been a trusted online laser shop, supporting thousands of home use and professional use laser users all over North America and throughout the world.
We offer a 5-Star Buyers’ Assurance Guarantee As a top tier trusted online company, ColdLaserSupplies.com is an accredited BBB A+ vendor, offers toll free phone consultation at 800-575-7963, factory warranties, complimentary training and protocol materials with over 500 PROTOCOLS, Toll Free customer support, free shipping and much more.
Low Level Lasers are the ultimate anti-aging technology and are ideal pain control products for people wishing to avoid drugs, surgery and possible side effects. Order your own cold laser today. Call a laser specialist at toll free 800-575-7963
Many Clinical Case Studies Prove Low Level Laser Therapy’s Effectiveness Treating Numerous Conditions Including:
• PAIN – Low Level Laser Therapy has been cleared by the FDA as an adjunct treatment method for pain related to shoulder injuries.
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – Low Level Laser Therapy has been cleared by the FDA as an adjunct treatment method for this condition.
• Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow) – Simunovic treated 324 patients . . . complete pain relief and restored functional ability were achieved in 82% of the acute patients and 66% of the chronic cases. J Clin Laser Med & Surg. 1998; 16 (3): 145-151
• Fibromyalgia – Longo treated 846 patients with fibromyositic rheumatism during a 15 year period. About 2/3 benefited from the treatment with regard to local pain, hypomobility and phlogosis. J Clin Laser Med Surg. 1997; 15 (5): 217-220
• Headache/Migraine – Wong treated 20 patients with migraine or symptoms resembling migraine. The pain disappeared after 1-5 minutes. Proc 9th Congress Soc Laser Surgery and Medicine, Anaheim, CA: 2-6 Nov. 1991
• Low Back Pain –Soriano performed a double-blind trial with elderly people suffering from chronic low back pain. Treatment was effective in 71% of the laser group and 36% of the sham group. The pain disappeared completely in 45% of the laser group and 15% of the sham group. Lasers Surg Med. 1998 Suppl 10, p. 6
• Rheumatism/Osteoarthritis – Palmgren conducted a controlled double-blind study on 35 patients with rheumatoid arthritis of the hand. In the experimental group, grip strength and movement were improved while swelling, pain and morning stiffness were reduced. Lasers in Medical Science, 1989; 4: 193.
• Wound Healing – Palmgren investigated the effect of Low Level Laser Therapy on infected abdominal wounds after surgery. Healing time to half wound size was 6.8 days in the laser group compared to 14 days in the placebo group. Lasers Surg Med 1991; Suppl 3:11
• Acupuncture – In addition, laser light can be used to stimulate acupuncture points in a non-invasive, pain-free manner. Low Level Laser Therapy Provides New Treatment Possiblities, Dr. Melyni Worth, Ph.D., World Equine Veterinary Review, Vol. 3, No. 3, 1998
• Bacterial Infection – In research led by Michael Hamblin of Mass. Gen. Hospital and Harvard Medical School, mice with surgically induced wounds were dosed with bioluminescent bacteria to create potentially lethal infections. Utilizing a 665 nm laser diode photodynamic therapy (Low Level Laser Therapy) the researchers found that “infected wounds healed significantly faster with the PDT method. PDT shows promise as a topical antimicrobial alternative that may work even faster than antibiotics.” The Journal of Infectious Diseases, June 1, 2003, PP 1717-1725.
• Allergic Rhinitis – Neuman & Finkelstein studied 50 patients in a double-blind randomized study. Following treatment with a 660 nm red laser, 72% of the treatment group reported improvement of symptoms as compared to 24% of the placebo group. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 1997;78:399-406
• Blood Pressure – Umeda tested the effects of a Low Level Laser on the control of blood pressure via energy administered via the medulla oblongata. The results from a group of 30 patients suffering from hypertension were positive in 80% of the patients. Laser Therapy. 1990; 2(2): 59
Scroll down to learn more information on the benefits and applications for laser therapy equipment for MEDICAL, DENTAL & VETERINARY medicine.
Medical Uses Of Low Level Lasers aka Cold Lasers:
NOTE! The following reviews of low level lasers and low level laser products is taken from recently published international literature, much of which is available utilizing any good web search engine and the search terms “low level laser” or “low level laser therapy”. In most countries other than the United States, low level lasers are legal to use on human subjects by both medical practitioners and by the lay people themselves. Dozens of Therapeutic Cold Laser Devices have been FDA Cleared for use in the US, and a number of them are approved as home use laser with the highest level of Class I for safety. Also popular are Class 3b lasers that pose a little more risk to the eye, and are thus sold with eye protection.
Low level laser therapy (lazer therapie) has been successfully utilized as alternative medicine for:
Acute myocardial infarction
Anti-aging and cosmetics
Blood pressure control
Pain management, pain control and pain elimination
Pain Syndrome, chronic conditions
Prevents restenosis after balloon angioplasty
Decrease the number of angina attacks
Alleviation of heart pain—cervicothoracic pain syndrome
Suppression of lipid peroxidation
Promotion of antioxidants
Protection of erythrocyte membranes
Reduction of fibrinogen level
Normalization of antithrombin-III
Reduction of arrthythmic deaths (two year follow up)
Reduction of the activities of the hypophyseoaadrenocortical and aldosteron-renin-angiotensin systems
Protective effect on erythrocytes caused by heart/lung machines
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Depression, psychosomatic problems
Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
Ear conditions including hearing loss and tinnitus
Fibrositis and Fibromyalgia
Headaches including migraine
Herniated lumbar discs
Herpes simplex (HSV1) of the lips as well as sexual herpes
Immune system modulation
Low back pain
Mucositis connected with cancer treatment
Ophthalmic problems — stye MUST use less than 5 J/cm2
Pain associated with any cause
Rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
Salivary gland disorders
Skin and wound care
Spinal cord injuries
Sports injuries of all types
Strains and sprains of all types
Tendonitis/bursitis and other locations on man and animals
Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
Trigger point therapy
Urology problems including inflamed prostrate
Whiplash and associated disorders
Wound healing regardless of the cause
Low Level Laser Therapy Use In Dentistry
There are 230 positive studies done by 81 universities from 37 different countries showing from 80 to 95% success using Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) on over 24 different dental procedures.
Alveolitis (bone infection)
Anesthetic — used alone to replace or in conjunction to enhance the depth or profoundness of dental anesthetic
Aphthae ulcers (canker sores)
Bleeding — postoperative bleeding control
Caries — Used prior to drilling to PREVENT tooth hyperemia and postoperative pain
Dentitio dificlis — pain around the coronal tissue of either primary or permanent teeth
Endodontics — root canal — used to flush bacteria out of dentinal tubules and reduce pain associated with root canal
Extraction — used before and after to control bleeding, pain, and speed healing
Gingivitis (bleeding of the gums)
Herpes Zoster (cold sores)
Hypersensitive dentine – usually at gum line — many over the counter tooth pastes are sold with less benefit than LLLT
Implantology — reduces inflammation, speeds healing, reduces inflammation, and increases bone growth
Leukplakia (precancerous tissue)
Mucositis associated with cancer medications
Nausea — used prior to taking impressions to prevent gagging
Pain regardless of the cause
Pediatric dental treatment
Prosthetics — denture sores
Secondary dentin formation
TMJ/TMD (temporomandibular joint and associated muscle disorders)
Veterinary Use Of Low Level Lasers
Low level laser therapy has been used in the US by veterinarians since the mid 1980’s. These lasers are mostly higher power low level lasers, aka Cold Lasers. These lasers range in power from 20-50 mW in the visible light range a 500 -1000 mW in the infrared range. Wavelengths vary, but the most common are 635-660 nm in the visible spectrum and 808 to 830 in the near infrared spectrum. Some of these lasers are a single laser diode for acupuncture on animals or for the treatment of small areas. Some of the best at home use Cold Lasers or Veterinary Lasers that we have found here.
Veterinary lasers are registered with the FDA and are legal to sell and buy.
To Order Call Toll Free
FREE SHIPPING* IN CONTINENTAL US