Class 4 Lasers Blog
Now can see a visual chart of the top Class 4 Laser Brands, Prices and Features shown side by side.
How much do you want to spend? Which wavelengths do you want or how many? What are the features that are important to you? Which types of treatments do you want to be able to do? Do you want a Protocol library built-in or do you want the capability of adding your own protocols?With Remy and Medray lasers a comprehensive training with certification and a marketing kit are included, in addition to an extensive protocol library, user customization and a 5 year warranty on many models.
|Class 4 Laser Brand||Power Output in Watts(W)||1, 2, 3, or 4 Wavelengths||Laser Handpieces||Laser Options||Price Range (USD)|
|Remy Lasers for Practitioners, for Humans and for animals: PT, DPM, DC, SPORT, LAC, VET, Human, Equine, Canine||9W 810, 10W 980
30W Dual 30W Quad
|635nm, 810nm, 905nm, 980nm, 1064nm||Multiple options||Customizable settings, various accessories, auto-updating software, protocol library, dozens of user-specific protocols for humans and animals||$8,950 – $27,995+|
|Medray Lasers for Chiropractors||30W Dual
30W Quad 45W Quad
|635nm, 810nm, 905nm, 980nm, 1064nm||Various options||Customizable settings, specialty handpieces, protocol library, hands-free capabilities||$12,995 – $16,995+|
|K-Laser for Practitioners||10W – 30W||660nm, 810nm, 920nm, 980nm||Multiple options||Advanced control system, protocol libraries||$29,995 and up|
|LightForce Therapy Lasers||20W – 40W||810nm, 980nm||Multiple options||Multi-modal capabilities, user-friendly software||$29,995 – $49,995+|
|Summus Medical Laser||15W – 40W||810nm, 980nm||Multiple options||Adjustable parameters, integrated cooling||$29,995 – $45,995+|
|Pegasus Laser for Canine and Equine||15W||810nm, 980nm||Multiple options||Various treatment presets, animal protocols included||$17,000 – $30,000+|
|Aspen Laser for Practitioners||10W – 60W||660nm, 810nm, 980nm, 1064nm||Multiple options||Customizable settings, protocol library||$18,995 – $30,995+|
Not all red light therapy is created equal. Not even close.
With a low power red light device it can take 50 to 1000 times longer to produce the same results as you can get from a high-power red light therapy device such as the LZR Ultrabright. High-power red light therapy with the LZR Ultrabright offers a range of unique benefits that set it apart from conventional red light therapy products, which a take a long time to produce sub par results. Continue reading for a host of Q&A on red light therapy and IR therapy.
Unlike conventional red light therapy, which typically employs lower-intensity devices, the LZR Ultrabright utilizes high-power optical red light at the optimal wavelength of 660nm combined with infrared (IR) wavelength at 810nm for superior Photobiomodulation (PBM) to simultaneously support treatment of both superficial soft tissue and deep musculoskeletal tissues to deliver a more potent and effective treatment with far reaching benefits.
Here are some of the key advantages associated with advanced optical LZR Ultrabright Therapy:
- Enhanced Penetration: High-power red light therapy with the LZR Ultrabright can penetrate deeper into the skin and underlying tissues. This increased depth of penetration allows for more effective treatment of various conditions, including pain relief, skin rejuvenation, and muscle recovery.
- Accelerated Healing: The LZR Ultrabright’s high-intensity red light promotes faster healing of injuries and wounds. It can stimulate the production of collagen and other essential proteins, aiding in tissue repair and reducing recovery time.
- Pain Management: This therapy is particularly effective for pain management. It can help alleviate both chronic and acute pain conditions by reducing inflammation, improving blood circulation, and relaxing muscles. Conditions such as arthritis, joint pain, and muscle soreness can benefit significantly from high-power red light therapy.
- Skin Rejuvenation: The LZR Ultrabright can rejuvenate the skin by promoting collagen production and reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and blemishes. It can improve overall skin texture, tone, and elasticity, leading to a more youthful appearance.
- Improved Circulation: High-power red light therapy can enhance blood circulation, which in turn supports better oxygen and nutrient delivery to cells. This can lead to improved cellular function, energy production, and overall vitality.
- Reduced Inflammation: Inflammatory conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and rosacea can benefit from high-power red light therapy, as it has been shown to reduce inflammation and alleviate symptoms associated with these skin conditions.
- Muscle Recovery: Athletes and fitness enthusiasts can use the LZR Ultrabright to expedite muscle recovery after intense workouts. By reducing muscle soreness and inflammation, this therapy can help individuals train more frequently and effectively.
- Non-Invasive and Safe: High-power red light therapy is a non-invasive and safe treatment option with minimal side effects. It does not involve any surgical procedures or the use of medications, making it suitable for a wide range of individuals.
- Targeted Treatment: The LZR Ultrabright allows for precise targeting of specific areas of the body, ensuring that therapy is concentrated where it is needed most.
In conclusion, high-power red light therapy with the LZR Ultrabright offers a host of unique advantages compared to traditional red light therapy methods. Its ability to penetrate deeper, accelerate healing, manage pain, rejuvenate the skin, improve circulation, and reduce inflammation makes it a versatile and highly effective therapy for various health and wellness applications.
Here are some examples of before-and-after results from red light therapy to illustrate the potential benefits:
- Skin Rejuvenation:
- Before: A person may have fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone on their face or body.
- After: After a series of red light therapy sessions, the same person can experience smoother, firmer skin with reduced wrinkles and improved skin tone.
- Acne and Scarring:
- Before: Acne-prone skin with active breakouts and post-acne scars.
- After: Following red light therapy treatments, the skin can show a reduction in acne severity, inflammation, and noticeable improvement in scar appearance.
- Pain Management:
- Before: Someone suffering from chronic back pain may have limited mobility and discomfort.
- After: After regular red light therapy sessions, they may experience reduced pain, improved mobility, and an overall increase in their quality of life.
- Hair Growth:
- Before: Individuals with thinning hair or hair loss.
- After: With consistent red light therapy for hair growth, there can be an increase in hair thickness, density, and regrowth in previously thin or balding areas.
- Joint Mobility:
- Before: A person with joint stiffness and limited range of motion in their knees.
- After: After undergoing red light therapy targeting the affected joints, they may experience improved flexibility and reduced stiffness.
- Muscle Recovery:
- Before: An athlete with sore and fatigued muscles after an intense workout.
- After: Post-red light therapy, the athlete may report reduced muscle soreness, faster recovery, and enhanced endurance for their next training session.
- Psoriasis or Eczema:
- Before: Individuals with red, inflamed, and scaly patches on their skin.
- After: Following red light therapy treatments, these skin conditions can show signs of improvement, with reduced redness and scaling.
- Pigmentation Issues:
- Before: Uneven skin pigmentation or hyperpigmented spots on the face or body.
- After: Red light therapy can help even out skin tone, reducing the appearance of pigmentation issues and give the skin a more balanced look.
It’s important to note that individual results may vary based on factors such as the specific condition being treated, the frequency and duration of red light therapy sessions, and an individual’s overall health and skin type.
How often should a person utilize red light therapy for best benefits?
The frequency of red light therapy sessions can vary depending on the specific condition or goal you’re targeting, as well as the device’s power and the treatment protocol recommended by the manufacturer or a healthcare professional.
Here are some general guidelines for how often one should utilize red light therapy for optimal benefits:
- Skin Rejuvenation and Anti-Aging:
- Initial Phase: 3-5 sessions per week for 4-8 weeks.
- Maintenance Phase: 1-2 sessions per week.
- Pain Management and Inflammation:
- Initial Phase: 3-5 sessions per week for 2-4 weeks.
- Maintenance Phase: 1-3 sessions per week.
- Hair Growth:
- Initial Phase: 3-5 sessions per week for 3-6 months.
- Maintenance Phase: 1-2 sessions per week.
- Muscle Recovery and Athletic Performance:
- Pre-Exercise: Use before workouts to enhance performance.
- Post-Exercise: 3-5 sessions per week after intense workouts.
- Joint Pain and Mobility:
- Initial Phase: 3-5 sessions per week for 2-4 weeks.
- Maintenance Phase: 1-2 sessions per week.
- Skin Conditions (e.g., Psoriasis, Eczema):
- Initial Phase: 3-5 sessions per week for 2-4 weeks.
- Maintenance Phase: 1-2 sessions per week.
- General Wellness and Health Maintenance:
- 1-3 sessions per week for ongoing health and wellness benefits.
It’s important to follow the recommended treatment guidelines for your specific red light therapy device and consult with a healthcare provider or licensed practitioner if you have any medical conditions or concerns. Factors such as the device’s power, the distance from the device to your skin, and the duration of each session can also impact the ideal frequency of use.
Additionally, consistency is key to achieving the best results. Stick to your chosen treatment schedule to maximize the benefits of red light therapy. If you’re unsure about the appropriate frequency or have specific health concerns, seek guidance from a healthcare professional who can tailor a treatment plan to your individual needs.
Why does the LZR Ultrabright combine red light with infrared (IR) light therapy?
Infrared light therapy, often used alongside or in conjunction with red light therapy, offers a range of additional benefits due to its ability to penetrate deeper into the body’s tissues. The 810nm wavelength is considered the sweet spot for combining maximum depth of penetration with a positive photo-chemical reaction. For optimal photobiomodulation (PBM), 810nm is the primary and most desired wavelength according to top laser research doctors and scientists. European laser specialists such as Dr. Weber and Dr Hamblin promote 810nm as the optimum wavelength because it is said to produce the maximum interaction with the mitochondria, which is the powerhouse of the cell and responsible for converting the photonic energy from the light into ATP. Due to the deep penetration of 810nm combined with beneficial effects throughout the entire musculoskeletal system, joints, spine and all soft and hard tissues, patients tend to experience long term healing with a treatment regimen of 6-12 treatments.
Here are some of the additional benefits of infrared light therapy:
- Improved Circulation: Infrared light therapy enhances blood flow and vasodilation, leading to improved circulation. This can help with the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to cells and promote overall cardiovascular health.
- Pain Relief: Infrared light therapy is effective in reducing pain and discomfort associated with various conditions, such as muscle aches, joint pain, and chronic pain syndromes. It works by increasing blood flow, relaxing muscles, and reducing inflammation.
- Muscle Recovery: Athletes and fitness enthusiasts often use infrared therapy to accelerate muscle recovery after intense workouts. It helps reduce muscle soreness, stiffness, and the risk of injury.
- Detoxification: Infrared therapy can aid in the detoxification process by eliminating toxins and heavy metals from the body through the skin.
- Wound Healing: Infrared light therapy can enhance wound healing by stimulating tissue regeneration and collagen production, making it beneficial for both acute and chronic wounds.
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction: Infrared light therapy sessions are often calming and soothing. They can help reduce stress, improve sleep quality, and promote relaxation.
- Immune System Support: Some research suggests that infrared therapy may have immune-boosting effects, potentially enhancing the body’s defense mechanisms against infections.
- Skin Health: Infrared light can improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. It may also help with conditions like cellulite.
- Arthritis and Joint Health: Individuals with arthritis often find relief from pain and increased joint mobility through infrared therapy and the corresponding reduction of inflammation that it is known to help with.
- Metabolism and Weight Management: While not a replacement for diet and exercise, infrared therapy can support weight management by increasing metabolism and promoting the breakdown of fat cells.
- Neurological Health: Emerging research suggests that infrared therapy may have neuroprotective effects and could be beneficial for conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and traumatic brain injury. However, more research is needed in this area.
- Cognitive Function: Some studies have explored the potential cognitive benefits of infrared light therapy, including improved memory and cognitive function. Again, more research is needed to establish these effects conclusively.
It’s important to note that the specific benefits of infrared light therapy can vary depending on the wavelength used and the target area. The therapy should be used under the guidance of a healthcare professional or in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations to ensure safe and effective treatment.
The LZR Ultrabright utilizes the most effective optical power with simultaneous delivery of two primary wavelengths at 660nm and 810nm to support all the benefits of both red light therapy and infrared light therapy in the quickest and most effective manner possible. LZR UB is available in two models with true optical power densities of 10 Watts (10,000mW) or 20 Watts (20,000mW) of pure Continuous Wave (CW) photonic power. The difference between them is price and power. Both units are more powerful and effective than 99% of LED devices on the market, working with treatment times of just 30 seconds per treatment area for the LZR Ultrabright 20W and 60 seconds per treatment area for the LZR Ultrabright 10W.
Follow the links above to order with the shopping cart.
Buy now and save $200 immediately with code: dlsave200 or call Concierge Support at 1-800-575-7963
Next Level Light Therapy for Animal Care. With REMY CLASS 4 LASERS, More Treatment Options are Possible than ever before. FDA 510k Cleared for the widest range of treatment options. Customers Experience Results Faster & More Effectively for More Conditions.
Powerful Pain Relief in 1-4 minutes.
2-4 Wavelengths maximize trtmt options.
Minor Surgical Applications made easy.
Reduce Inflammation & Accelerate Healing
- Treat Arthritis & Degenerative Joints
- Hip Dysplasia
- Dental Issues
- Sinus Issues
- Wound Care
TESTIMONIAL: I have 2 Remy lasers and been using them for over a year. In conjunction with a good therapy and maintenance health program I have found the results to be excellent for Equine care. So good I’m about to order our third laser.
– M. Calderone
– Founder of Exceed Equine Rehabilitation
TESTIMONIAL: Absolutely incredible! Best addition to my Veterinary clinic ever. The REMY FX45 is a joy to use, super effective and extremely versatile, allowing for a wide range of treatment capabilities in small and large animals. It’s easy to use and provides reliable performance.
– Dr Andrews
I have become comfortable using the REMY laser and I am getting very good results on the horses. I look forward to my training session on the the laser surgery applications. – Dr Radde
I recommend the REMY FX laser if you want the most power, deepest wavelength capabilities, the option to switch between PBM phototherapy rehab and a wide variety of surgical procedures. It’s very versatile.
– Dr Stevens
PBM, Phototherapy or Light therapy is uniquely effective for use in regenerative medicine techniques, as it produces a wide range of benefits that are often dictated by the output energy of the laser wavelengths, which frequently include one or more of the following red and infrared spectrums: 635-650nm, 810nm, 905-915nm, 980nm and 1064nm wavelengths. Stem cell injections, platelet rich plasma (PRP), prolotherapy, and cartilage regeneration therapies are more successful when done in conjunction with photomedicine (laser therapy). https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23140266/
Photobiomics is a new term coined from the discovery that treating the microbiome of the body with laser light or Photobiomodulation (PBM) can have a beneficial effect. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31596658/
A significant amount of attention is being given to the importance of the microbiome and recently it was shown that applying laser therapy may have positive benefits
Objective: The objective of this review is to consider the dual effects of microbiome and photobiomodulation (PBM) on human health and to suggest a relationship between these two as a novel mechanism.
Background: PBM describes the use of low levels of visible or near-infrared (NIR) light to heal and stimulate tissue, and to relieve pain and inflammation. In recent years, PBM has been applied to the head as an investigative approach to treat diverse brain diseases such as stroke, traumatic brain injury (TBI), Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, and psychiatric disorders. Also, in recent years, increasing attention has been paid to the total microbial population that colonizes the human body, chiefly in the gut and the mouth, called the microbiome. It is known that the composition and health of the gut microbiome affects many diseases related to metabolism, obesity, cardiovascular disorders, autoimmunity, and even brain disorders.
Materials and methods: A literature search was conducted for published reports on the effect of light on the microbiome.
Results: Recent work by our research group has demonstrated that PBM (red and NIR light) delivered to the abdomen in mice, can alter the gut microbiome in a potentially beneficial way. This has also now been demonstrated in human subjects.
Conclusions: In consideration of the known effects of PBM on metabolomics, and the now demonstrated effects of PBM on the microbiome, as well as other effects of light on the microbiome, including modulating circadian rhythms, the present perspective introduces a new term “photobiomics” and looks forward to the application of PBM to influence the microbiome in humans. Some mechanisms by which this phenomenon might occur are considered.
Keywords: bacteria; metabolome; microbiome; photobiomodulation.
A BETTER LABEL FOR LASER THERAPY
No matter what it is called, LASER THERAPY, or PHOTOMEDICINE THERAPY, is highly effective in resolving a plethora of disorders in the human body; some of the many terms used to describe laser therapy are:
Photobiomodulation Therapy (PBMT);
Photobiostimulation Therapy (PBST);
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT);
High Intensity Laser Therapy (HILT);
Cold Laser Therapy
Many of the above terms are outmoded and represent outdated research and technology – most of their research is based on In Vitro studies that have no application in real-world environments. We propose that these terms and the thinking behind them be replaced by more inclusive, updated, and applicable science and terminology.
There is really no such thing as LLLT, HILT, PBMT, PBST and so on. There is only Biomedical Photonics, or Photomedicine, in all its formats, dosage levels, and applications. Laser Therapy is also a very important part of integrative medicine.
For ease of use, because it describes applied medicine using medical lasers in a much wider range of applications, and because “Laser Therapy” and all the other associated decades-old terminology are still struggling to gain widespread acceptance in the broader medical community, we propose the more relevant and widely accepted terms PHOTOMEDICINE, and PHOTOMEDICINE THERAPY be used in place of Laser Therapy and the other terms listed above.
What is Photomedicine Therapy?
Otherwise known as Laser Therapy, Photomedicine, or Photomedicine Therapy is used for the relief of pain, to accelerate healing, decrease inflammation, to reverse autoimmune disorders, and more. When laser energy is directed to targeted tissues, the energy penetrates deeply and are absorbed by mitochondria, the energy- producing part of a cell. This energy fuels many beneficial physiological responses resulting in the restoration of optimal cell morphology and function.
PHOTOMEDICINE THERAPY IS: LASER THERAPY, COMBINED WITH SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE
Photomedicine Therapy has been successfully used to treat a broad range of medical conditions, including musculoskeletal problems, arthritis, sports injuries, post-surgical wounds, diabetic ulcers, malfunctioning immune systems, dermatological conditions, and more.
The Primary Goal of Photomedicine Therapy is to stimulate targeted cells to perform natural functions at an enhanced rate. Targeted in chromophores, including hemoglobin and cytochrome c oxidase within the mitochondria, photomedicine treatments will aid in cellular respiration and reduce oxidative stress. In sharp contrast to so-called cold lasers which provide no feeling or sensation, appropriately-powered diode laser therapy will provide a warm and soothing feeling during and after treatments.
Unlike many pharmacological treatments that mask pain or only address the symptoms of disease, photomedicine treats the underlying condition or pathology to promote healing. This means that photomedicine treatments can be more effective than pharmacology, include no side effects and include longer lasting benefits.
Other terms for Photomedicine also include Phototherapy and Biomedical Photonics
Biomedical Photonics is a new branch of physics that examines the behavior and properties of light and the interaction of light with organic matter. This emerging medical paradigm holds great promise for the future of medicine, and is poised to experience explosive growth due to the noninvasive or minimally invasive nature and cost-effectiveness of photonic modalities in medical diagnostics and therapy.
- Medical Imaging (Tissue Clearing)
Shaped by Quantum Theory, Technology, and the Genomics Revolution
The integration of photonics, electronics, biomaterials, and nanotechnology holds great promise for the future of medicine. This topic has recently experienced an explosive growth due to the noninvasive or minimally invasive nature and the cost-effectiveness of photonic modalities in medical diagnostics and therapy.
As a doctor of chiropractic or as a practitioner in a field that could benefit from using a Class IV Therapy Laser, there are several features and benefits that you are probably looking for in a product and vendor to help support your purchasing decision. In other words, you may want to consider the following 8 tips as you look to make an investment in your next Class 4 Therapy Laser:
- Power output: Class IV lasers offer higher power output than Class III lasers, which means they can penetrate deeper into tissues, provide significantly faster photon delivery and greater therapeutic benefits. I would look for a vendor who offers lasers with power output ranging from 9 Watts to 60 Watts.
- Wavelengths: Different wavelengths have different therapeutic effects. For example, 810nm is good for pain relief, while 980nm is effective for inflammation, 1064nm allows for overall, the deepest penetration and 650nm is ideal for soft tissue and wound healing. A vendor that offers a variety of wavelengths would be preferable, as this allows for more treatment options and better outcomes.
- User-friendly interface (the software or operating system): The laser should have an intuitive interface that is easy to navigate. This will allow for efficient treatment and reduce the risk of errors. The newest lasers feature WiFi based, self updating software. Regardless, it should be intuitive, adjustable, customizable, loaded with quality protocols and be easy to use, allowing adjustment of most variables if desired.
- Portability: A portable laser is more convenient for a chiropractor or practitioner who may need to travel to different locations to provide treatment. A vendor that offers a lightweight and easy-to-transport laser, provided in a durable carrying case would be a good choice.
- Training and support: A vendor that offers comprehensive training, certification and support can help to streamline the getting started process and ensure successful outcomes for patients. This may include training on laser safety, application of specific protocols, use of a variety of specialized hand-pieces, plus general setup and operation, as well as ongoing support for troubleshooting and maintenance if needed in the future.
- Cost: While cost should not be the only factor in the decision-making process, it is still an important consideration. A vendor that offers a competitive price for a full featured laser that is FDA/510k Cleared, without sacrificing quality, power or features, would be a good choice.
- Warranty and service: A vendor that offers a strong warranty and reliable service can provide peace of mind. This may include a warranty that covers parts and labor, as well as quick turnaround times for repairs.
- Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee: Nobody wants to be stuck with a product that they are not sure will do what it claims to do, or live up to the claims made of it by the vendor. To ensure that you actually receive what you paid for, it is wise to shop with a company that stands behind their product and service by providing a money back satisfaction guarantee.
In summary, when shopping for a Class IV Chiropractic laser, Class IV Physical Therapy laser, Class IV Podiatry Laser or Class IV Veterinary Laser, I would look for a vendor that offers: a powerful laser with 2-4 prime wavelengths, a user-friendly interface, portability, comprehensive training and support, a competitive price, a strong warranty, quality service and a money back satisfaction guarantee. By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision and choose the best product and vendor for your needs.
Class4Lasers.com and Discover Lasers LLC in conjunction with Mr Kalon Prensky, 38 year practitioner, author and 20 year laser specialist, along with his team of doctors are available to help you. We have based the parameters for every class 4 laser therapy product we offer on the above criteria. We guarantee to ensure that you receive the optimal laser for your needs, with sufficient power, prime wavelengths, user-friendly interface, portability, comprehensive training with certification, ongoing support, competitive pricing, a 5 year warranty with a Florida based service center (with ultra fast turnaround in case a repair is ever needed) and a money back satisfaction guarantee.
Take advantage of Concierge Service and Support with
Mr Kalon Prensky by calling 808-870-0348 or 800-575-7963
5 Reasons Offering Class IV laser therapy can make a Practitioner’s business more profitable:
- Increased Revenue: By adding laser therapy to your services, you can create a new revenue stream for your business. You can charge for each laser therapy session, and as more patients seek out this service, your revenue can increase.
- Attract New Patients: Offering Class IV laser therapy can attract new patients who are interested in this treatment option. These patients may not have been aware of your practice before, or they may have been seeking laser therapy elsewhere. By offering this service, you can expand your patient base and attract new clients.
- Retain Current Patients: By offering a wider range of services, you can retain current patients who may have been considering seeking out laser therapy elsewhere. This can help to keep your patient base loyal and reduce the risk of losing patients to other practices.
- Competitive Advantage: As more patients seek out non-invasive, drug-free treatment options, offering laser therapy can give your practice a competitive advantage. This can help to differentiate your practice from others in the area and make it more attractive to potential patients.
- Cost Savings: Offering Class IV laser therapy can also result in cost savings for your practice. By reducing the need for more expensive treatments like surgery or ongoing medication, you can save money and increase your profits.
Overall, offering Class IV laser therapy can be a profitable addition to a chiropractor’s business, providing a new revenue stream, attracting new patients, retaining current patients, and providing a competitive advantage in the marketplace.